Join us as Erik Wakefield facilitates a discussion on business acumen. Erik will share why this is an essential skill for every learning professional.
We’ll discuss what business acumen is and why it’s important for your L&D career, especially in terms of your current role in your organization.
- Understand why business acumen is important in L&D
- Begin understanding business acumen in terms of your current company:
- What’s most important — things like revenue, gross margin, expense, fiscal year, capital versus operational expense
- Differences between how public and private organizations think — long-term/short-term growth and earnings per share (EPS)
- Know how to relate L&D priorities/projects in terms of the business
Using innovative learning, focused leadership development, and transformative change management techniques, he shapes sustainable learning cultures focused on driving top enterprise priorities. Erik thrives in start-up and turnaround situations, including integrating new organizations through M&A activity, international expansion, and new business development.
We look forward to seeing you at the event!
Fill out the form on this page; tell us if you’re interested in this event in the comments section. *NOTE* We generally do not accept competing L&D vendors in our communities. Apologies for any inconvenience.